Please follow the procedure below for updating a Dongle from e1.5 or earlier versions to an e3.0 Dongle. We also call this a Dongle "Brain Transplant" procedure.
Note: this procedure does not apply when updating e2 Dongles to e3.
Before you start the "Brain Transplant" procedure, you must ensure that
- No Dongles are attached to the PC; and
- The PC is connected to the Internet.
Once this is done, you should follow the following procedure:
1) Install the e3 software
2) The installation wizard will prompt you to attach the new Dongle (e3 Dongle), please do so, and click on “Next”
3) The installation wizard will prompt you to attach the old Dongle, please do so, and click on “Next”
Note: this starts the Dongle verification procedure. When it is completed, the Dongle updating is done and a new Access Code has been input via the Internet.
4) When the installation wizard is finished, reboot the PC
Note: at this point, the old Dongle has been disabled and the new Dongle is ready for running the e3 software. If your PC is not connected to the Internet, an "Access Code" input box will pop up after step 3). You may manually use the "Import Code" function to enter the Access Code that we sent you via the email.