System Error or "Exception Access Violation" error can occur quite often, especially when clicking the "Save" button to save a design file during digitizing or editing a design.If you check the error log in PC Information file, you may see many software crash with ES.EXE regarding to this file "DesShellInfo.dll".
We see this problem on some Windows 10 PC. To avoid this error, please set your e4 software to be compatible with Windows 7 in the compatibility tab of Properties of e4 shortcut. The steps are as following:
1) on the Desktop, right click on e4 software shortcut
2) in the right click menu, click on the "Properties" menu
Note: it opens the "Properties" dialog box.
3) in the Properties dialog box, click on "Compatibility" tab
4) in the Compatibility tab, set it Compatible with Windows 7
5) Click on the "Apply" button to apply the setting
6) Click on the "OK" button to close the dialog box
Note: from now on, when clicking on the e4 software shortcut on the Desktop to launch e4, there should be no more such error when saving a design file.