Symptom: “Shared folder scan failed” during WIFI USB Stick Setup process
Wilcom Software affected: ES e4.1
OS Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601
This is caused by incorrect Administrator user name in Account name field
Use the correct Administrator Account name
Here’s the link on how to identify your local account name in Windows 7 as “Administrator”
You can also do the following steps as another option
- Open Computer Management from the Search Box
- Locate Local User and Groups > Expand the folder
- Click User Folder and it will list the Accounts created on the right side
- Locate the User account with the Admin role and use this as the Account name in the Account name field
- Enter the password in the password field for the chosen account/user name. Click Show to make sure you have entered the correct password.
- Click Scan and it will obtain a list of the SHARED FOLDERS.